Teton County Fair Grounds, JACKSON HOLE, WYO – The inaugural Jackson Hole Professional Bull Riders event will be Tuesday, July 17. The Professional Bull Riders (PBR) tour was founded in 1992 by a group of 20 bull riders looking to bring their sport to the world. The PBR now holds more than 300 annual events in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, and Australia, attracting more than 2.5 million spectators each year.
The PBR tour does a great job of bringing some of the best in the world to Jackson. But they also do a great job of supporting local Jackson businesses, non-profits, and individuals.
The Town of Jackson is excited about having the PBR come to the Jackson Hole Rodeo Grounds this summer. We are also looking forward to the partnerships that the PBR is creating with some of our local nonprofits. This is one of those truly special events that cultivates the character of our community. —Bob McLaurin, Jackson Town Manager
One of the most prominent local athletes that the PBR is supporting is Seth Wilson. He’ll be one of the bullfighters at the PBR in Jackson. Seth’s family lineage traces back to Uncle Nick Wilson, the namesake for the town of Wilson, Wyoming. He recently graduated from Jackson Hole High School and he’s ready to continue pursuing his dream to fight in the NFR (National Finals Rodeo) and PBR World Finals. We asked Seth a few questions about life in Jackson and the tour.
- Buck: What was your favorite subject at JHHS?
- Seth: Besides lunch, it was Math.
- Buck: What rig are you driving in to get from rodeo to rodeo?
- Seth: My Dodge Avenger for better gas mileage, but ideally I’d like a full set up with a truck and camper for overnights
- Buck: What’s your favorite Instagram handle to follow?
- Seth: @bullfightersonly because they have updates on bullfight results.
- Buck: Are there any bullfighters that you look up to and admire?
- Seth: There’s not one specific bullfighter I look up to or admire; there’s more of a group of the top guys and I try to take a little from all of them to build on.
- Buck: Do you have any great memories of bullfighting?
- Seth: My favorite memory is walking out during the grand entry at my very first PBR in Sheridan, Wyoming (a few weeks ago).
- Buck: Who are your sponsors?
- Seth: As of this week, Jackson Hole Rodeo is my only sponsor.
- Buck: Nice, it’s the family business. That said, have you ever named the family horses?
- Seth: I haven’t named any horses. I’ve helped with a few bull’s names, and they have a mini bull named after my old nickname “Chef.”
- Buck: If we gave you $150 to go eat in Jackson, where would you go?
- Seth: I don’t eat out a lot, but my favorite local eat is El Abuelito.
- Buck: Nice, maybe we can help you score a new sponsor. What’s been your worst injury?
- Seth: I’ve torn my MCL, sprained some bones, and been knocked out a few times but nothing too serious, thankfully.
- Buck: What’s the best advice you’ve been given?
- Seth: The best advice I have been given is to always try to stay humble and to be willing to work harder than the rest.
- Buck: Thanks, Seth. Best of luck out there. We will be rooting for you. Keep up the good work and stay safe.
…El Abuelitos, you know what to do. The rest of you Jacksonites, come out and root for Seth, the pros, and the rest of the roughies at our first ever PBR.