JACKSON HOLE, WYO – Riot Act, Inc. will be holding auditions for its production of Chicago by Maurine Dallas Watkins, Fred Ebb, John Kander, and Bob Fosse.
Performances for the musical will run March 7-9 and March 14-16, 2019 at Walk Festival Hall. The show will be helmed by director Macey Mott, musical director Laura Huckin, choreographers Margaret Breffeilh and Allison Lenz, fight director Matt Franta, and stage manager Jessica Schiers.
Auditions for Chicago will be held Thurs. Nov. 29 from 7:3-9:00pm and Sun. Dec. 2 from 12-4pm at Dancers’ Workshop in Studios 3 and 4.
Auditions will consist of three parts:
- Dance Audition– You will work with our choreographers to learn some simple combinations. Please dress comfortably. Wear clean, dry dance shoes or sneakers.
- Vocal Audition– Please prepare 18 bars of a song (preferably not from the show). You may also be asked to sing on the spot from the vocal score.
- Acting Audition– Prepare a 2-3 min. monologue (optional) and you will be asked to do some cold reading with other people auditioning.
Please bring to auditions a schedule of conflicts including work schedule through March 17. If you would like to schedule an audition time, please contact Riot Act, Inc. (307-203-9067) to do so. Otherwise, please arrive at the beginning of audition times. If you are not able to make auditions but still would like to audition, please contact Riot Act to set up another time. If you have a head shot and resume, please bring those.
NOMINEE! 1975 Tony® Awards: Best Musical, Best Book of a Musical, Best Original Score
WINNER! 1997 Tony® Award, Best Revival of a Musical
In Roaring Twenties Chicago, chorine Roxie Hart murders a faithless lover and convinces her hapless husband, Amos, to take the rap…until he finds out he’s been duped and turns on Roxie. Convicted and sent to death row, Roxie and another “Merry Murderess”, Velma Kelly, vie for the spotlight and the headlines, ultimately joining forces in search of the ‘American Dream’ – fame, fortune, and acquittal. —Samuel French
- Velma Kelly
- Roxie Hart
- Billy Flynn
- Amos Hart
- Matron “Mama” Morton
- Mary Sunshine (may be cast either as a woman or a man in drag)
- 6-7 additional Ensemble Men playing multiple roles each
- 7 additional Ensemble Women playing multiple roles each
795 W BROADWAY Jackson
785 W BROADWAY Jackson
670 FLAT CREEK Jackson
17845 OLD RANCH ROAD Jackson
1775 N MOOSE WILSON ROAD Wilson
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.