JACKSON HOLE, WYO – Riot Act, Inc. is now accepting one-act plays for its sixth annual New Play Festival. Three one-act plays will be selected for production during the theatre company’s 15th Annual Series of Shorts in June 2019.
Each of the three playwrights whose plays are selected for production will receive an honorarium. The first-place winner will receive $100 and the Marius P. Hanford IV Award. Marius was a longtime stage combat choreographer influential in several theater communities, including Jackson and New York. The second and third finalists will be awarded $50 each.
Contest opens on February 1, 2019 with final entries due by March 31, 2019. Winners will be notified by April 30, 2019.
Judges for this competition include theatre and writing professionals. All contributing playwrights will receive brief comments through a standardized critique form from a panel judge. This is a wonderful opportunity for playwrights to gain valuable feedback and see their work produced.
- Entries will be accepted from playwrights residing in the regional area including Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming.
- Plays should run 20-30 minutes in total (20-30 pages).
- Plays can require no more than six total actors.
- Set and prop concepts should be simple and must be easily broken down and moved.
- Plays must have never been previously published or performed. Plays previously submitted may be resubmitted if reworked based on commentary received in previous years.
Entry fee is $20. Plays must be submitted by March 31, 2019. Refer any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or 307-203-9067.
15245 E TETON WILDERNESS RANCH Moran
1655 W BIG TRAIL Jackson
670 FLAT CREEK Jackson
795 W BROADWAY Jackson
17765 N FOREST WAY Jackson
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.