Dead on arrival: Promoter says concert is off

JACKSON HOLE, WYO – The Dead & Co. concert recently approved by county commissioners will not happen, according to concert promoter Highline Sports and Entertainment.

James Deighan, managing partner at Highline, cited conflicting schedules as the reason the show will not happen in 2018. The county took too long in making the decision to allow the show and the band made other arrangements.

“While the concept and opportunity were incredible, the timing and logistics behind it proved too much to pull off for this year,” Deighan said. “The Board of County Commissioners went above and beyond, working through the process to pass the initiative, but as we had feared, it was simply too late once the approval had been made. In the end, timing killed us. It’s always the trickiest part of these enterprises.”

Deighan added that his agency still hopes to bring the band to Jackson Hole perhaps in 2019.

You May Also Like
Dead Reckoning: Show is a go with county
Game & Fish: Tough call, bear had to go, too close to schools for comfort
Bear is dead after visitors to Grand Teton caught feeding it all summer
’til Tuesday: Here we go again…again, with WPLI
Wyoming doesn’t believe in global warming?
Man found dead this morning is Mark Mol