JACKSON HOLE, WYO — Beginning at 8am Friday, April 19, select roads and services in Yellowstone National Park will open for the season. To celebrate National Park Week, entrance fees will be waived on Saturday, April 20.
- West Entrance to Old Faithful
- Mammoth Hot Springs to Old Faithful (via Norris)
- Norris to Canyon Village
- North Entrance to Mammoth Hot Springs to Northeast Entrance (open year-round)
- General stores at Old Faithful and Canyon Village
- Visitor and education centers at Old Faithful and Canyon Village
- Old Faithful Snow Lodge (gift shop, fast dining)
- Visit Operating Hours & Seasons for area-specific services.
Road conditions can change quickly. Find updated road status on the park website, at visitor centers (Old Faithful, Mammoth Hot Springs, Canyon Village, and West Yellowstone), and by calling (307) 344-2117. To receive Yellowstone road alerts on your mobile phone, text “82190” to 888-777 (an automatic text reply will confirm receipt and provide instructions).
Springtime in Yellowstone
Springtime in Yellowstone means fewer crowds, opportunities for hiking at lower elevations, and skiing or snowshoeing at higher elevations. Wildlife viewing highlights this time of year include bison calving, bears recently emerged from dens, bull elk antlers in velvet, and the arrival of migratory birds.
3070 N WHITE PINE LANE Jackson
3450 W McCOLLISTER DRIVE B-3 Jackson
50 JACKNIFE RD Freedom
705 SUNSET DRIVE Alpine
1255 ALLEN WAY Jackson
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.