JACKSON, Wyo. — With a new state-of-the art senior living community opening at St. John’s Health next summer, a seasoned nurse leader from the executive team was appointed to take the helm of senior living services.
St. John’s today announced Marsha Sensat, MSN, will assume the role of interim administrator, effective September 18, following the resignation of executive director Malenda Hoelscher. Sensat will continue to serve as chief nursing officer in addition to the new post.
“I expect that this transition will be very smooth based not only on Marsha’s impressive capabilities, but also on the depth of leadership and nursing experience of our amazing staff at the Living Center. This is a team that has been together for many years and has earned numerous state and national awards for their resident-focused care,” said CEO Paul Beaupré, MD. “The next year will bring for them, along with our residents, a new facility that parallels the standard of excellence that they have worked so hard to set.”
Beaupré commended Hoelscher her for her numerous leadership accomplishments since joining St. John’s Living Center in 2017:
- For the first time, the Living Center was named a US News & World Report Best Nursing Home
- The Living Center received its first 5-Star Rating in all matrixes and has maintained that level of performance for more than two years
- The Living Center received a deficiency-free regulatory survey in October 2019
- Hoelscher introduced the role of onsite Nurse Practitioner, which has resulted in a reduction in transfers to the ED and a gradual reduction in medications, along with a significant positive impact to quality of care initiatives
- She championed the culture change journey emphasizing the Eden Alternative, which is renowned for creating a home-like environment in senior living communities
- Hoelscher played a critical role in the design and programming plan for Sage Living.
After three years of many accomplishments at St. John’s, Hoelscher is leaving Jackson Hole to return home to her extended family in South Dakota.
“I’m looking forward to being in South Dakota and welcoming my first grandbaby there in November,” Hoelscher said. “However, I will always think of the team at the Living Center as second to none, and I know that the ability to lead such a great team and be part of the strategic and design work for Sage Living was truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.”
7 JACK PINE DRIVE Jackson
8500 HORSE CREEK MESA ROAD Jackson
701 RODEO DRIVE Jackson
10575 OLD JACKSON HIGHWAY Victor
785 W BROADWAY Jackson
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.