JACKSON HOLE, WYO – Ready to show your patriotism?
A recent survey by WalletHub found Wyoming is the 3rd most patriotic state in the Union. Plus, Jackson Hole is one of the best places to take in the Fourth. From fireworks to the old time parade, this is the place to be.
The Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce is still looking for parade entries for the Independence Day Parade on Tuesday, July 4 beginning at 10:30am. Musicians, horses, clowns, roller skaters, and classic cars will be among the ranks.
Would you like to join the fun? Entries are $25. Download the entry form: click here.
Parade entries will gather at the Teton County Fairgrounds for lineup beginning at 9am. The route travels down Snow King Avenue to Glenwood, turning on Broadway, and ending on Willow Street. Judging of the parade entries will take place as they pass the grandstand located on Town Square.
Patriotism in Wyoming (1=Most Patriotic; 25=Avg.):
- 13th – Average Number of Military Enlistees per 1,000 Civilian Adults Population (No Prior Service)
- 13th – Active-Duty Military Personnel per 1,000 Civilian Adult Population
- 29th – Peace Corps Volunteers per Capita
- 15th – % of Adults Who Voted in 2016 Presidential Election
- 22nd – Volunteer Rate
- 10th – Veterans per 1,000 Civilian Adult Population
- 1st – Civics Education Requirement
- 6th – Volunteer Hours per Resident
- 13th – AmeriCorps Volunteers per Capita