RIVERTON, Wyo. — If you want a true taste of Wyoming, you have to bite into its beef.
It’s a staple Wyoming dish, because Wyoming prides itself on its locally-raised cattle. Taste it for yourself at Central Wyoming College’s Rendezvous City Beef Round-Up Saturday, Aug. 28 from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
The round-up is a celebration of local and regional food. Taste beef from at least 10 Wyoming and regional ranches and see for yourself what it’s all about. The event includes a VIP tasting competition, presentations from food experts, and a tour of CWC’s new mobile meat science unit.
The first 200 people will receive a free cooler bag.
- Aitchison Land & Cattle Co.
- Berger Beef
- Falkenburg’s Finest
- G/G Meat Co.
- Integrity Ranch
- Jacknife Beef
- Turbiville Beef
- Wolf Creek Cattle Co.
- Wyoming Cowboy Cuts
Featuring Lacey Block from Ranchers Rebellion Beef Co.
- Amanda Henry from Brown Sugar | Beef & Wine Pairing
- Audra Draper from Draper Knives | Tips & Tricks for Knife Care
- Amanda Winchester, CWC Meats Faculty | Demystifying Cuts of Beef
- Corbitt Wall from Feeder Flash | Nationally Recognized Beef Economist
- R Calf USA | What Mandatory Country of Origin Labeling (M-COOL) Means to Consumers
Celebrity Chef: Leslie Spoonhunter, owner of Goose’s Kitchen, for the “Best Beef in the West Competition” (11am-1pm) – producers from all over the West take on last year’s winner, judged by celebrity judges.
- Cowboy State Custom Meats
- Wyoming Gourmet Beef
- CWC Culinary students cooking demonstrations/free steak samples throughout the day.
- Food trucks on-site all day.
The Rendezvous City Beef Round-Up is Saturday, Aug. 28 from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. To learn more and purchase tickets to the VIP event online visit www.CWC.edu/roundup.
935 SENECA LANE Jackson
10575 OLD JACKSON HIGHWAY Victor
785 W BROADWAY Jackson
17805 N FOREST WAY Jackson
PINE MEADOW RD Wilson
Central Wyoming College
Central Wyoming College is a community college that offers both associate's and bachelor's degrees and serves Fremont, Hot Springs, and Teton Counties Our main campus is located in Riverton, Wyoming and we have outreach centers in Lander, Jackson, and Dubois, each with programming designed to serve their communities