JACKSON, Wyo. – As are many transit agencies across the country, START Bus is taking appropriate proactive measures in response to the pandemic Coronavirus (COVID-19). START Bus is working closely with local health organizations and will continue to follow the best practices as recommended by health officials.
So far, START Bus is not cancelling service. This could change should the agency be directed to do so by the Town of Jackson or Teton County.
START officials recommend when taking the START Bus that all passengers wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before boarding, and then wash hands again after disembarking. START is working diligently to ensure a safe and healthy commute for everyone.
Here are some measures that START Bus is taking to address COVID-19:
Fixed Route/ Commuter Buses:
- Daily cleanings of interior surfaces to include the operator’s area, all hand rails, entry and exit points of the buses.
- Provide all operators gloves, face masks, Lysol spray and hand sanitizer as permitted. These are optional as to not cause public concern.
- All operators have been provided hand wipes to cleanse area at shift change which may occur on the street.
- Trash removal happens daily sometimes two or three times daily.
- At least once a week each vehicle undergoes a deep clean i.e. mopping of floors, window cleaning, sweeping and thorough cleaning.
- Each buses exterior is washed multiple times during the week
- Daily cleaning of interior surfaces to include seats, hand rails, and entry/exit points.
- Gloves, face masks, antibacterial hand wipes, and Lysol provided to operators to protect themselves from immediate contact with their patrons.
- Exterior of vehicle is washed daily.
- Employees are encouraged to perform good hygiene habits by washing hands, not touching face, and to sneeze into their arm or tissue.
- If any flu like symptoms develop employees are encouraged to stay home. If staff recognizes that one may be exhibiting signs of a cold or flu like symptoms they have discretion to direct the employee to leave and go home.
3A AND 3B N BAR B BAR RIVER ROAD Jackson
450 E PHELPS CANYON ROAD Jackson
80 NELSON DR Jackson
1046 ELK RUN LANE Jackson
67 VIRGINIAN LANE Jackson
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.