JACKSON HOLE, WYO – You already know about Devon Allman Project Thursday, The Mavericks and Frankie Ballard on Friday, Portugal the Man and Franti on Saturday, and Chanman Roots Band on Sunday, but what about Rendezvous Festival weekend fringe offerings? Well, it’s also St. Patrick’s Day weekend so the Teton fun meter is about to peak.
If you’re looking for festive Irish flavor…
• Slip ‘N the Jigs, 7:30–11 p.m. Saturday at the Silver Dollar Showroom. Local Celtic band getting their jig on for this longstanding tradition along with corned beef and cabbage, bangers and mash and Guinness beer cheese soup.The Silver Dollar will be partying all day, from 11 am- 11 pm, serving food and drink specials.
• The Phat Bastards Irish Band, 3-6 p.m. Saturday at the Trap Bar at Grand Targhee Resort.
• Snake River Brew Pub’s annual St. Patty’s Party 11 a.m.–11 p.m. offers corned beef beirocks for lunch and dinner along with green jello-o shots and a fresh batch of Fitzy’s Irish Stout.
• The Craic, 7:30-11 p.m. Friday at at the Silver Dollar Showroom. Led by John Kidwell of Jackson six and featuring fiddler Fintan McEnroe from Ireland, you’ll get more Irish flavor and a bit of bluegrass.
Pre-Rendezvous Saturday options…
• Gold Medal Jam with Red Gerard. The Snowboarding Slopestyle US Gold Medalist will be JHMR for an exhibition and autograph signings. 12:00-1:45 p.m. is the Exposition at the top of the Gondola, 2:30-3:30 p.m. autograph signings and raffle at the Mountain Dew Tent located next to the Bridger Center, 4-5 p.m. athlete signing at the Mountain Dew/Pepsi Tent at Rendezvous Après’ in the Village Parking lot.
• Bodega Bash sponsored by Roadhouse Brewing, 2 p.m. Saturday at Bodega in Teton Village with “music, food, beer and sloshies at the ready, with games and activities.”
Other rockin’ music highlights…
• David Swift’s Excellent Adventure, 6-11 p.m. at the Center Theater. Speakers, stories, photos and more celebrating the life of David Swift. Music by Derrik and the Dynamos.
• The Copper Children, 7:30-11 p.m. Thursday at the Silver Dollar Showroom. Colorado-based indie rock, soul-folk and Americana.
• Hell’s Belles, 9 p.m. Saturday at the Mangy Moose. All-gal AC/DC tribute band. $20.
• Useful Jenkins, 3-6 p.m. Sunday and Monday at the Trap Bar. Contemporary string band with bluegrass roots.
• Few Miles South, 7:30-11 p.m. Sunday at the Silver Dollar Showroom. Georgia meets L.A. country and Southern rock with pedal steel.
• Major Zephyr, 4-6 p.m. Sunday at the Mangy Moose. The mayor’s band delivering classic and modern country.
Keep it fun and safe out there!
22 MOULTON LANE Victor
9470 EDGEWOOD LANE Victor
365 E BROADWAY Jackson
785 W BROADWAY Jackson
LOT 29 SNAKE RIVER DRIVE Alpine
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.