Pinedale home saved from chimney fire

PINEDALE, Wyo. — On Friday, Jan. 8, Sublette County Unified Fire was dispatched to the report of a chimney fire at a residence on Meadowlark.

SCUF units from Stations 1, 2, and 4 responded to the report of a chimney fire at a residence off of Meadowlark Lane. On arrival, fire personnel were able to quickly enter the residence and cool down the fire in the woodstove from inside the home.

The residence was checked for any fire extension into the structure around the stove pipe and the smoke was cleared from the home. Fire units cleared the scene once the wood stove and stove pipe had cooled and no additional fire was located in the home. There were no injuries reported during this incident.

“Please remember to clean and inspect heating equipment regularly for proper operation and any signs that maintenance may be needed,” SCUF said in a press release. “Wood burning stoves are common in our community and provide safe effective heat as long as they are maintained properly. We still have plenty of cold weather ahead of us this year. Take care of your wood stove heating equipment and it will continue to take care of you.”

About The Author

Buckrail @ Jacob

Jacob Gore was born and raised in Cheyenne, the capital city of Wyoming. As a proud Wyomingite, he loves to share his home with visitors from around the world. Spending years in Jackson and Alaska as an interpretive nature guide, he remains a photographer, traveler, storyteller, and avid hobbyist of all-things outdoors. Jacob enjoys bridging the connection between Jackson and the rest of the state.

You May Also Like
Community
Community supports family after weekend blaze destroys home
Top Stories
Gaper Day gone wrong, fire now out at JHMR
Environmental
Local firefighting resources head to Oregon to help on Echo Mountain
Weather
BREAKING: Wildfire near Swinging Bridge
Environmental
Smoke covers the valley as fire season gets into full swing
Associated Press
Fire destroys businesses in Gardiner, a Yellowstone gateway