JACKSON, Wyo. — The Heritage Arena “Open Ride” time is available seven days a week in two-hour increments, now through April 30, 2022.
On Monday, Tuesday, and Friday, “Open Ride” is from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. On Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday, “Open Ride” is from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
“Open Ride” users do not need to reserve time in advance, but there are some rules that riders must follow:
- No personal equipment of any kind may be stored or left on the Fairground premises.
- Be courteous and clean-up after yourself and your animals. This includes inside the barn, tie-up areas, and parking lots.
- Stock, barrels, poles, roping dummies, and other roping devices require reservations (no props or stock are allowed in the arena during any open riding or unscheduled time).
- Riding lessons are not allowed during “Open Ride” times and will require a private reservation.
- Animal abuse of any kind will not be tolerated and will result in the loss of arena privileges indefinitely.
- Dogs are not allowed in the Heritage Arena.
- Horses may not be left unattended in the Heritage Arena Facilities, which includes no overnight boarding of livestock.
The Outdoor Rodeo Arena is closed to horseback riders during the winter to allow for the ice-skating rink at the Fairgrounds.
For more information, please visit the Teton County Fairgrounds’ website or call 307-733-5289.
About The Author
Buckrail @ Lindsay
Lindsay Vallen is a Community News Reporter covering a little bit of everything; with an interest in politics, wildlife, and amplifying community voices. Originally from the east coast, Lindsay has called Wilson, Wyoming home since 2017. In her free time, she enjoys snowboarding, hiking, cooking, and completing the Jackson Hole Daily crosswords.
6050 W BURCHER Wilson
486 SOUTH PINE ST Pinedale
8500 HORSE CREEK MESA ROAD Jackson
7655 N ROBERTA DR Jackson
W 13000 N Felt
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.