JACKSON, Wyo. — This past weekend the Jackson Hole Stingrays Swim Team competed at the Winter Short Course State Meet in Laramie.
The Stingrays had 22 swimmers compete from ages 8 to 18 years old. Sixteen girls and six boys competed. Out of 20 teams at the meet, Jackson placed 5th overall in the state (boys and girls combined). The girls placed 4th in the State, a notable feat considering the top four teams each brought 40 swimmers to compete.
The JH Stingrays had numerous swimmers place first in the state for their individual events:
- Amaya Olivieri placed 1st in the 100 backstroke for 13/14 girls
- Ann Baxter placed 1st in the 500 Freestyle for 11/12 girls
- Warren Reimer placed 1st in the 50 breaststroke for 11/12 boys
- Dalia Leoni placed 1st in the 200 Freestyle and the 500 Free for 10 and under girls.
Additionally, the Stingrays placed first in the state for the 200 Medley Relay and second in the state for the girls 11-12 200 Free Relay. The Stingrays also placed first in the state for the girls age 13-14 200 Rree Relay and 2nd in the 200 Medley Relay.
The local team had several swimmers place in the top 8 overall “high point” awards for their age groups
- Dalia Leoni (10 and under girls) – 4th place
- Anna Baxter (11-12 girls) – 5th place
- Maren Tattersall (13-14 girls) – 2nd place
- Amaya Olivieri (13-14 girls) – 4th place
- Norah Wilson (13-14 girls) – 7th place
Out of 22 swimmers, 18 placed in the top eight in multiple individual events.
The Stingrays had five swimmers Maren Tattersall, Amaya Olivieri, Vega Sanchez, Ila Musclow and Norah Wilson who all achieved qualifying times in events for “Senior Zones,” a regional swim meet held in St George, Utah at the end of March.
While the State Team is comprised of 22 swimmers, the JH Stingrays currently have 68 swimmers enrolled in the club ranging from ages 5 to 18 years old.
Two weeks ago, the team competed in the Wyoming District Championship Meet which was comprised of five other teams from Wyoming. The Stingrays won 1st place combined overall.
The JH Stingrays Team is led by head coach Craig Robrock, Connor McGinnis and Jenn James.