The Snake River connects our whole community – young and old, fisherman and rafter, local and visitor, bird watcher and dog walker. It never stops flowing, and just like the river, the Snake River Fund runs year round to support access, stewardship, education and partnerships.
Your contributions have helped:
- Protect and restore native fisheries throughout the watershed.
- Develop education to support the prevention of introducing aquatic invasive species.
- Deployment of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) along the Snake River corridor.
- Fundraise and support enhanced public access along the Snake River including recent upgrades at Pritchard, West Table, Sheep Gulch, and South Park.
- Promote a responsible boating culture. It is appropriate to treat rivers like backcountry environments. In 2018 , a grant from the Community Foundation of Jackson Hole allowed SRF to support 24 participants with a discounted swift water rescue training.
- Campaign for the Snake River headwaters, the nation’s largest single designation for Wild & Scenic Rivers with over 400 river miles protected in Teton County.
- Support Trout Tuesdays program with Wyoming Game and Fish Department and Jackson Hole Land Trust (R Park) to provide free fishing licenses and tackle to those in need.
- Educational programs for kids. Together with local outfitters, Snake River Fund educates every Teton County 5th grade student by spending a day on the river as well as hosts Snake River Days summer camp for middle schoolers
Never do the opportunities to cherish, protect and recreate on the waters and banks of the Snake River end. Your donation to the Snake River Fund during the Old Bill’s giving season makes it possible for us to better balance the needs of the river and our community. Protect the Snake River for the enjoyment of present and future generations. Please include Snake River Fund.