JACKSON, Wyo. – As organizers of any largescale gatherings scramble to cancel or modify their events, the Teton County Library today announced its plans in dealing with the mitigation of the spread of COVID-19.
The Jackson Main Library and Alta Branch are important resource and gathering spaces for Teton County. In the past 11 days alone, the library was visited over 8,000 times, according to library representatives. Teton County Library prioritizes the health and wellbeing of community members. In that effort, they are taking steps to balance providing access with library service and helping to slow the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
At this time, the Jackson Main Library and Alta Branch Library will remain open with normal hours of operation. However, starting Saturday, March 14, the library will cancel the following in order to reduce non-essential gatherings, keeping in mind individuals and library volunteers at higher risk of illness:
- The Book Nook will be closed until further notice.
- The Library will not be taking book donations until further notice.
- The Early Literacy Room, Library Snack Program, and games and toys in the Youth Wing will be unavailable until further notice.
- Toddler Time, Story Time, Baby Time, Library Saturdays and other programs that take place in the Youth Auditorium, including Afterschool Activities and Teen Night, are cancelled Sat., March 14 – Thurs., April 30.
- Library programs scheduled in the Ordway Auditorium and the Alta Community Room between Sat. March 14 – Thurs., April 30 will be rescheduled for a later date.
- We will inform the public if the situation changes and assess if we can begin library programming sooner.
- We will be in contact with all outside organizations who have reserved the Ordway Auditorium between Sat. March 14 – Thurs., April 30 to assess and potentially reschedule for a later date.
The Library is following the recommendations shared by the CDC:
- Posting signage from the CDC regarding hand-washing and reducing the spread of germs, and facts about COVID-19;
- Ensuring that water and soap are available in restrooms at all times;
- Making available hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes at our public desks for patrons and staff;
- Performing extra sanitizing of all “high touch” surfaces, including computer keyboards and mice, door handles and public desk surfaces.
LOT 30 SNAKE RIVER DR ALPINE
795 W BROADWAY Jackson
670 FLAT CREEK Jackson
1655 W BIG TRAIL Jackson
TBD S HWY 89 Jackson
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.