JACKSON, WY – PAWS of Jackson Hole is looking for the right candidate to take on the role of Development Director for the organization. Below is a description of duties and expectations for this position.
- Create and implement a fund development plan, including major gifts, which increases revenues to
support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Build membership and planned giving programs which include deferred gifts such as legacy gifts and bequests.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communication
and to ensure long-term commitments for donations.
- Conduct grant seeking research. Prepare and submit grant applications and grant reports as outlined in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization.
- Manage the fundraising database ensuring the timely distribution of tax receipts. Maintain gift
recognition program and manage all applications and software related to receiving donations.
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being
- Monitor trends in the community and region and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary.
- Work with Executive Director to plan and execute all fundraising events, chairing event committees, budget development and management, project plan development, solicitation of gifts in kind and sponsorships and post-event evaluation.
- Handling all aspects of the Old Bill’s process – managing the booth and post-event donation
- Identify new ways for PAWS to engage with our community and grow our donor base.
- Work with Executive Director to develop the annual budget defining and then adhering to income
- Attend board meetings as assigned and complete board minutes with the help of the Secretary.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about PAWS with the
- Must embrace the mission of PAWS of Jackson Hole.
- Exceptional interpersonal and writing skills.
- Computer savvy with proficiency in Word, Excel, MailChimp, Paperless Post, WordPress, and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of Salesforce very helpful.
- Minimum 3 years of non-profit development experience with a proven track record in fundraising
techniques, grant writing, and major gift procurement.
- Be a self-starter who is outgoing and goal-driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and follow through on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people, pets and community.
- Demonstrate professionalism, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates can send a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to [email protected].
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
1070 ELK RUN LANE #8 Jackson
43 RIVER TRAIL CIRCLE Alpine
785 & 795 W BROADWAY Jackson
330 E GILL AVE Jackson
2901 EGBERT AVE Tetonia
PAWS of Jackson Hole
PAWS of Jackson Hole’s mission is to serve as a community resource to prevent pet homelessness, to protect pets from harm and suffering, and to promote responsible ownership