JACKSON, Wyo. — With new health orders being introduced and repealed practically daily, it’s understandable if you feel a little confused right now.
Here’s the breakdown: there is currently one county-wide Public Health Order in place, approved this morning. Previous Countywide Public Health Orders issued by the Teton Health District Officer have either expired or been revoked by the issuance of subsequent orders.
There are also two active county-wide public health recommendations. Health recommendations aren’t enforceable by law but strongly encouraged by the County District Health Officer.
And on top of all that, there are three state-wide public health orders. Those orders, for the most part, mirror the county’s health orders or are less restrictive. Teton County residents should adhere to county regulations more strictly.
Here’s what these orders are and what they mean:
County health order:
Teton District Public Health Order #20-4
All Residents of Teton County, Wyoming, including the City of Jackson, Wyoming shall limit gatherings to only individuals who are living in the same household except under six circumstances:
- Performing tasks essential to their health and safety, or for the health and safety of their household members or pets, including, by example and without limitation, obtaining medical supplies or medication or visiting a health care professional.
- Care for a family member or pet in another household.
- Obtain necessary supplies for self or household members (including, by example and without limitation, groceries, food, liquor, sporting goods, and products necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of a residence).
- Deliver necessary supplies (including, by example and without limitation, groceries, food, liquor, sporting goods, and products necessary to maintain for safety, sanitation, and essential operation of a residence.
- Engage in outdoor activity, so long as six feet is maintained between any person not in the same household.
- Travel to and work at a place of employment if the work cannot be done remotely from home.
Countywide Order #20-4 also defines physical distancing requirements as: Maintain at least six (6) feet distance from other individuals, wash hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds as frequently as possible, or use hand sanitizer, cover coughs or sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow, not hands), and regularly clean high touch surfaces. Do not shake hands.
Public Health Recommendations:
That visitors to Teton County, Wyoming are requested to return home immediately upon the issuance of this Recommendation by the fastest and safest available means, and persons considering visiting Teton County, Wyoming should remain home. Non-resident homeowners are strongly encouraged to leave or to not travel to Teton County, Wyoming.
That residents of Teton County, Wyoming who leave the geographic area of the State of Wyoming, Bonneville County, Idaho, and Teton County, Idaho and any visitors that visit Teton County, Wyoming from outside that geographic area should limit movement and gathering with other individuals who are not their immediate family upon their return to Teton County, Wyoming. Persons should leave their residences only to perform Essential Activities for a period of self-isolation lasting at least fourteen days or self-isolation until any fever or respiratory illness has resolved and they have returned to normal health for at least three days, whichever is longer.
The Wyoming State Health Officer has issued three statewide orders that are in effect throughout Wyoming, including Teton County and the City of Jackson, through April 17.
Statewide Order #1
Forbidding Gatherings of 10 People or More
Statewide Order #2
Closing Bars, Restaurants, Theaters, Gymnasiums, Child Care Facilities, K-12 Schools, Colleges, Universities, and Trade Schools Statewide
Statewide Order #3
Temporary Closure of Nail Salons, Hair Salons, Barber Shops, Massage Parlors, Tattoo, Body Art, and Piercing Shops; and Cosmetology, Electrology, and Esthetic Services
180 CENTER STREET Jackson
685 & 695 BOOSHWAY STREET Driggs
40 RIVER TRAIL CIRCLE Alpine
4664 FOX CREEK VILLAGE DR Victor
330 E GILL AVE Jackson
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.