JACKSON, WY— Super Bowl celebrations are, to some, as much about the company as they are about football. And second to football, nothing brings people together like good food.
This Super Bowl Sunday, make sure the food at your party is as good as the game. Jackson Whole Grocer can help. Friday through Sunday, Whole Grocer will be fully stocked with Super Bowl MVP’s (Most Valuable Products). They’ll also have a wing bar with SIX different flavors to choose from: hot, teriyaki, garlic parmesan, orange, salt & pepper, and BBQ.
If you really want to impress your Super Bowl guests, Whole Grocer Chef Victor was kind enough to share his recipe for Honey Garlic Chicken Wings. Try it:
Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 cup honey
1 cup dark brown sugar
2/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup salted butter
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons ground mustard
5 pounds jumbo chicken wings
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the onion, honey, sugar, soy sauce, butter, garlic and mustard over medium heat.
2. Allow the mixture to come to a low boil and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove the sauce from the heat.
3. Place the wings in a single layer in an 11×15 baking pan. You can use 2 9×13 pans if you’d like.
4. Pour 1 cup honey garlic sauce over the wings and allow them to marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour, up to overnight.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
6. Bake the wings for 30 minutes.
7. Turn the wings over and brush them with an additional 1/2 cup honey garlic sauce. Bake them for another 30 minutes.
8.Pour off any extra chicken juices if desired (this will allow the skin to get a little crispier than if it would continue to cook in the juices. This step is optional!).
9. Turn the chicken wings over again, brush them with sauce and bake them for 25 minutes.
10. Broil the chicken wings on low for 5 minutes so that the tops get a little browned.
11. Toss the wings with additional honey garlic sauce once they are done.
12. Serve immediately or place the wings in a slow cooker on warm until you are ready to serve them. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.
Bon appetit! May your Super Bowl food be as good as the game.