JACKSON HOLE, WYO – Travel has been difficult on more than a few town streets after record snowfall experienced over the past few days. START Bus and other larger vehicles are having trouble navigating the narrowing streets.
As a result, public works is asking for some additional NO PARKING areas this morning on a few select streets in town. This will allow Public Works crews additional time to remove snow from the streets.
The closure will be for this morning (2/7/19) from 7:00am to noon on the following streets:
- South Cache Street (from Broadway to Snow King)
- South King Street (from Broadway to Snow King)
- South Willow Street (from Broadway to Snow King)
A closure for Friday, February 8 from 7:00am to noon on the following streets:
- Flatcreek Drive (from Broadway to Karns Street.)
- Milward Street (from Broadway to Snow King)
- Simpson Street (from Cache Street to Gros Ventre Sreet.)
This last storm produced enough snow that the roadways in these areas have become too narrow for cars to safely pass. On February 4 and 5 Jackson beat the daily snowfall record (kept since 1905) for both days. The storm ranked 4th overall for two-day total snowfall.