ALTA, Wyo. — Turn, pump, glide, slash and ride. The most recent Teton Surf Classic in 2019 blew the doors off exceeding all expectations.
The Teton Surf Classic is returning to Grand Targhee Resort for its third year on March 27, 2021. This year we’re turning up the heat as the Park Crew resets the North Pole Terrain Park for another surf/skate-inspired, snowboard-only event. Thanks to Mountain Dew, Professional Skateboarders Sean Malto and Curren Caples will be joining us as special guests this year. Though Red Gerard will no longer be joining us, you can plan to see him at Grand Targhee on closing weekend: April 11, 2021.
A snowboard demo will be taking place at the event venue, and all are welcome to demo boards throughout the day. Helmets must be worn by all participants and masks are mandatory at the venue.
Registration for the competition is closed with all 125 competition slots filled.
- Groms – 12 and under
- Teens – Age 13-17
- Amateurs – Age 18-39
- Masters – Age 40+
- Families – Parents + Kids
- Professional Riders
Competition Schedule on March 27
- 8 a.m. – Registration, Check-in at tent in plaza, Raffle sales
- 9 a.m. – North Shore Park open for inspection
- 10 a.m. – Competitors meeting at the bottom of the park
- 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. – Non-Pro Competition (Groms, Teens, Amateurs, Masters, Families)
- 1:15-2:45 p.m. – Pro Only Session
- 3 p.m. – Gather on Trap Bar deck for Pacifico/Sloshie Bar and raffle sales
- 3:45 p.m. – Awards
- 4 p.m. – Raffle including snowboards, outerwear, bindings, boots, meals, goods and services from local merchants and more.
Event Format and Judging
- Turns – Are you skidding or carving? Powerful top-to-bottom turns? Show some awesome heel side bottom turns and powerful lip smacks.
- Speed – Can you carry speed and maximize each feature’s potential?
- Flow/Style – Smooth it out now. Throw in that soul arch as you trim down the line.
- Line Selection/Creativity – Show off your interpretation of the terrain. Look for fun transfers, lines and features to set yourself apart.
- Slashes – Everyone loves a good power hack. How high can you make the slush fly?
- Air – Show off your stylie grabs and tweaks
The Teton Surf Classic is a benefit for the Teton Valley Ski Education Foundation (TVSEF). We appreciate your support and look forward to
seeing you on March 27, 2021.