JACKSON, Wyo. — Search operations continue this morning for 27- year-old Cian McLaughlin. Grand Teton National Park requests the public’s assistance in locating McLaughlin, a male hiker who was last seen on June 8.
On Sunday, Teton Interagency Dispatch Center was notified of a missing person report for McLaughlin at approximately 7 a.m. by the Teton County Sheriff’s Office. It was believed that McLaughlin intended to go hiking earlier in the week and failed to show up at his place of employment on Thursday, June 10. He was reported missing late Saturday night, June 12.
Park staff surveyed trailhead locations within the park early Sunday morning, June 13, and located McLaughlin’s vehicle at the Lupine Meadows Trailhead. A ground and aerial search were immediately initiated in probable locations that he may have been hiking.
The following information is the extent of knowledge surrounding McLaughlin’s disappearance.
- Cian McLaughlin is a 27-year-old male who was last seen in the town of Jackson, Wyoming, on Tuesday, June 8, at 2 p.m.
- The Teton County Sheriff’s Office received a missing person report late Saturday night, June 12 and contacted Grand Teton National Park early Sunday, June 13, when they had information indicating McLaughlin may be hiking in the park.
- McLaughlin failed to report to his employment in Jackson on Thursday, June 10. McLaughlin’s vehicle was located at Lupine Meadows Trailhead in Grand Teton National Park on Sunday morning, June 13.
- McLaughlin’s route is unknown. He could be hiking in the Garnet Canyon, Surprise, Amphitheater, Delta, or Taggart Lakes area.
- Aerial reconnaissance and ground search operations were conducted in high probability areas in the park on Sunday, June 13, in search of McLaughlin with no evidence or leads about his whereabouts.
As his plans were unclear, anyone who has been traveling in the Teton backcountry since Tuesday, June 8, may have seen McLaughlin. Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts should contact the National Park Service Investigative Services Branch.
About The Author
Buckrail @ Caroline
Caroline Chapman is a Community News Reporter who recently made Jackson home. Born and raised in Connecticut, she enjoys reading non-fiction, skiing, hiking, and playing piano in her downtime. She is most passionate about delivering and pursuing stories that directly impact the lives of individuals in the community. Her favorite aspect about living in Jackson is the genuine admiration that Wyomingites share for the land and the life that it sustains.
670 FLAT CREEK Jackson
1655 W BIG TRAIL Jackson
8870 E TIMBER DRIVE Jackson
LOT 29 SNAKE RIVER DRIVE Alpine
701 RODEO DRIVE Jackson
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.