JACKSON, Wyo. — The National Park Service has signed an assessment that analyzes potential new construction and facility improvements in the upcoming commercial services prospectus of the park’s largest concession contract, currently held by Grand Teton Lodge Company (GTLC).
Conducting an environmental assessment before the release of a prospectus is a novel approach that increases transparency, ensures that projects included in the solicitation are viable under the National Environmental Policy Act prior to any financial burdening of the business opportunity, and allows for timely project initiation after contract award. Alternatively, projects could be implemented by the National Park Service if federal funds become available.
Based on the analysis in the environmental assessment and public comments, the decision allows for the following potential changes to the contract for consideration:
- Additional employee housing at Jenny Lake Lodge, Jackson Lake Lodge and Colter Bay Village,
- Fire protection enhancement at several locations in Jenny Lake Lodge, Jackson Lake Lodge and Colter Bay Village,
- Accessibility improvements at Colter Bay Marina and Elk Island,
- Reconfiguration of food and beverage service at Jackson Lake Lodge,
- Improved amenities at campgrounds, and
- Relocation of the concessioner-operated warehouse from one in-park location to another.
450 E PHELPS CANYON ROAD Jackson
365 E BROADWAY Jackson
4342 TAILS DOWN RD Tetonia
701 RODEO DRIVE Jackson
3A AND 3B N BAR B BAR RIVER ROAD Jackson
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.