JACKSON, Wyo. — O2 Cleaning is now providing the community of Jackson Hole with cleaning tips of the month, offering suggestions on easy and inexpensive ways to tackle large and small cleaning projects around the house.
It’s that time of the year when our thoughts turn to snow and powdery white turns. But before the snow flies, it is also time to think about deep cleaning our homes and preparing to spend a good amount of time indoors. Many people are finding themselves working from home these days as well. Below are some genius cleaning hacks from the pros at O2 Cleaning to help make your home feel clean and healthy.
- That dog and cat hair you’ve been ignoring all summer: Throw on a clean rubber kitchen glove, wet it, and lightly rub it along all furniture. The cling will work its magic.
- It’s all about getting outside, but now your workout clothes stink even after they’re washed: Add a 1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar into the bleach compartment and wash as normal. The vinegar will help neutralize the smelly bacteria.
- Before you grab that bottle of stain remover to clean up the wine spill that your dog is just then going to go ahead and lick up (along with pesky toxins), look no further than a bottle of hydrogen peroxide. Wet a cloth with the first aid antiseptic and then blot the stain. Miracles do still happen.
- We spend a third of our lives on our mattresses, but how often, if ever do you clean your mattress? Here are the cliff notes:
- Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda over the top of the mattress and allow it to sit for 30 minutes.
- Vacuum the entire mattress.
- Disinfect the mattress by spraying a mixture of one part distilled water and three parts isopropyl alcohol (70% or higher) onto the mattress.
- Let the mattress dry completely. You can speed up this process by placing the mattress in the sun or even propped up outside. After the mattress is completely dry, you are good to go!
- We do also recommend investing in a decent mattress protector.
Reach out to the professionals at O2 cleaning for all of your cleaning needs, from standard to custom cleaning. Book a cleaning appointment or email the staff with all your cleaning questions. Look out for more tips next month!