JACKSON, WY – This summer, support the Jackson Hole Ski & Snowboard Club while you feel the burn on your early morning walk up the King. Following the success of the Winter Uphill Challenge, Snow King Resort is launching a summer version of the vertical competition.
Hike or ride your bike to the summit of Snow King and track your vertical feet climbed through a RFID pass scanning system. Participants can use either their own winter full season pass or purchase a summer scenic lift pass (for $80).
Each month, prizes will be awarded from Stio, Snow King Resort, and the Jackson Hole Ski and Snowboard Club. Categories include most vertical, fastest time, or most ascents in a day. A new addition to the summer challenge is the option to form teams. Participants are welcome to work together as a team to achieve goals while raising funds for the Club.
Snow King and the Jackson Hole Ski and Snowboard Club will be hosting a kickoff gathering for the Summer Uphill Challenge at the new Rafferty mid-mountain deck on Friday, July 26th from 2-6pm. Stop in and learn how to get a group set up for the fundraiser and check out the new facilities on the mountain. Even better? If you scan and track your verticle on your way up to the deck, you’ll earn yourself a free beer!
Summer Uphill Challenge – How it works:
- Use season pass (for either 18/19 season or the 19/20 season) or a summer scenic lift pass ($80)
- Work as a team, of up to 10 participants to reach set goals for total vertical feet climbed
- Pledge a donation per vertical feet climbed (to suite ability of the group) and select a goal for total number of feet climbed from July 15th to October 15th
- Corporations, non-profits or individuals may elect to match or cover the elected donation for their group to incentivize staff members, friends, or family in promoting physical fitness over the summer
- One person, or team leader, will have administrative access to register group and add team members online
For a list of prizes, FAQs, more information click here.