It’s National Margarita Day. You know what to do.
JACKSON, WY– In case you need another excuse to drink an ice-cold margarita, February 22 is National Margarita Day.
The tequila-based cocktail has evolved from the traditional salt and lime concoction. Hatch Taqueria and Tequilas serves up four different flavors of marg, from spicy to fruity. And if traditional is still your flavor, they make a mean one of those, too.
Want to make your own margarita at home? Try this recipe from TheCookful.com:
- kosher salt
- ice cubes
- 2 oz. tequila (I prefer silver or blanco)
- 1 and 1/2 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup (if you don’t have any, make up a quick and easy batch or use agave nectar)
- 1/2 oz. Triple Sec
- Rim a high ball glass with kosher salt (learn how here).
- Put two big handfuls of ice cubes into a cocktail shaker. Add remaining ingredients. Shake for a good 10 seconds.
- Fill high ball glass half full of ice cubes. Pour contents of shaker over the top.