JACKSON HOLE, WYO – Walk Festival Hall will double as a movie theatre Mondays through the summer. The Grand Teton Music Festival (GTMF) announced Movies on the Mountain – a free, weekly event Mondays at 7pm in Walk Festival Hall.
Films were selected to be celestial and fun—celebrating the 2017 Festival theme “See the Stars in Jackson Hole.” To complete the ‘theatre’ experience, the GTMF concessions counter will offer artisanal popcorn from Jackson Hole POP, candy boxes, soda, beer and wine.
- Beginning on Monday July 10, join us for the 1980s family classic: E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. In this beloved Steven Spielberg film, brother and sister Elliot and Gertie assist a gentle alien stranded on Earth.
- After E.T., meet WALL•E. Playing July 17, WALL•E is the heartwarming story of the last robot on earth charged with sifting through humanity’s refuse. After 700 years of isolation, WALL•E meets robot EVE and the two embark on a quest to restore planet Earth.
- On July 24, John Candy, Rick Moranis, and Bill Pullman star in Mel Brooks’ campy Star Wars spoof Spaceballs. Set in a distant galaxy, captain Lone Starr and his half-man, half-dog sidekick Barf fight to save Princess Vespa and her resource-rich planet Druidia.
- July 31st features the classic Back to the Future. After an experiment with Doc Brown goes awry, Marty McFly travels back in time and must find his way…Back to the Future! His journey gets complicated when he awkwardly meets his parents as peers.
- On August 7, it’s 1970, in Houston, and we have a problem. NASA must act quickly to save Apollo 13 en route to the moon by solving engineering challenges from 200,000 miles away in this 1995 film based on a true story.
- August 14th completes the first Movies in the Mountains series with a modern twist: Star Wars: The Force Awakens. To combat new evils and save the New Republic, the resistance must team-up with some unlikely heroes. This rollicking sequel to the Star Wars trilogy takes place thirty years after the defeat of the Galactic Empire.
If you have a news tip you would like to share with the community email us at [email protected] Message us on Facebook or Submit News on our website.
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.