Jackson Hole Fire/EMS responded to a boiler system malfunction at Summit Innovations School today, Aug. 10. Photo: Nick Sulzer // Buckrail

JACKSON, Wyo. — At around 11 a.m. this morning, Jackson Hole Fire/EMS responded to reports of steam or smoke at Summit Innovations School.

Staff and students were immediately evacuated after fire alarms went off.

Jackson Hole Fire/EMS Chief Brady Hansen said crews responded to the scene to find the issue coming from the boiler room.

“It appears that the boiler system had some kind of malfunction with the pressure system,” Hansen said, adding, “[It] blew a lot of steam into the boiler room but everything was contained to the room.”

Crews isolated the situation and gave the all-clear at about 11:30 a.m. According to Teton County School District #1, staff and students re-entered the school to collect their belongings before ending the summer school day 30 minutes early.

The district’s facilities department is looking into the boiler problem.



Buckrail @ Lindsay

Lindsay Vallen is a Community News Reporter covering a little bit of everything; with an interest in politics, wildlife, and amplifying community voices. Originally from the east coast, Lindsay has called Wilson, Wyoming home since 2017. In her free time, she enjoys snowboarding, hiking, cooking, and completing the Jackson Hole Daily crosswords.