JACKSON, Wyo. — If you haven’t filled up the freezer yet there’s still hope.
Anyone with a valid, unused elk hunting license, may apply for a permission slip online to hunt on the National Elk Refuge (NER) through the Wyoming Game and Fish Department Access Yes website.
Here is how the permission slip application process works:
- The first alternate permission slip application process will begin on Oct. 23, 2020. Draw results will be available 8 a.m Monday weekly.
- Hunters can apply weekly for the alternate draw by accessing the online Game and Fish Access Yes program website between 9 a.m Friday and 11:59 p.m. Sunday. See step-by-step application directions.
- During the application process, hunters choose to be considered for either Tuesday – Friday or Saturday – Tuesday permission slip for the upcoming week. Permission slips are typically valid for four days, except during the Youth Hunt, Nov. 26 – 28.
- Hunters who were successful in obtaining an initial NER permission slip for any of the hunt periods may still apply for an alternate permission slip each week.
- If there are any leftover permission slips from the weekly drawings, they will be issued on a first come first serve basis starting at 8 a.m. Monday each week after the draw.
If you are successful in the draw, you must have your unused Wyoming elk license, conservation stamp, Elk Special Management Permit, proof of hunter education (if required), and your printed National Elk Refuge HMA permission slip to legally hunt on the National Elk Refuge.
Additional information about the NER elk hunt is available on the Access Yes program website under National Elk Refuge Ranch rules.
556 TURTLE WALK Victor
4445 BERRY DRIVE 3522 Wilson
40 RIVER TRAIL CIRCLE Alpine
669 TURTLE WALK Victor
10645 OLD JACKSON HWY Victor
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.