JACKSON, Wyo. — Fire Marshal Kathy Clay has concluded the investigation into the fire at Blair Place Apartments on Nov. 14. “This was an accidental fire,” said Clay. “The most probable cause of the fire was the LPG gas grill.”
The fire broke out just after 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 14 on the third floor of unit 245. Firefighters quickly controled the fire which was contained to the third floor and roof. Battalion Chief Mike Moyer told Buckrail on Sunday that the two apartments on the third floor sustained fire damage. Other units on the first and second floors experienced water damage.
Clay said many other factors were ruled out through the investigation process. According to the press release, the videos and reports from the community after the fire, and the assistance from Grand Teton National Park Supervisory Park Ranger Jim Warren aided in the investigation.
This is the third gas grill fire in Teton County this year. Clay reminds community members to never leave a lit grill; to keep it away from combustible items, walls, and overhangs; and to completely turn off the knobs and the gas tank after every use. For more information on gas grill safety, go to the Jackson Hole Fire/EMS website.
Teton County released the result of the investigation this afternoon, Nov. 17
About The Author
Buckrail @ Lindsay
Lindsay Vallen is a Community News Reporter covering a little bit of everything; with an interest in politics, wildlife, and amplifying community voices. Originally from the east coast, Lindsay has called Wilson, Wyoming home since 2017. In her free time, she enjoys snowboarding, hiking, cooking, and completing the Jackson Hole Daily crosswords.
W 13000 N Felt
290 N BAR Y RD Jackson
486 SOUTH PINE ST Pinedale
7655 N ROBERTA DR Jackson
8500 HORSE CREEK MESA ROAD Jackson
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.