JACKSON HOLE, WYO – Judging by last year’s sellout and the enormous buzz created by the foodie event of the summer, better get your tickets now for the second-annual Jackson Hole Food & Wine Summer Festival.
Jackson Hole Food & Wine (JHFW) has scheduled the foodie fest for June 21-23, 2018—three days of top chefs, vintners, spirits and craft brews for the palate’s of food and beverage enthusiasts. All that under the backdrop of the magnificent Tetons.
JHFW’s weekend lineup presents eight distinct events featuring local talent and renowned chef teams and top vintners from New York City and California, hosted in unique locations around Jackson Hole.
“We’re especially excited to have two celebrated chef couples, each with a pastry component, headlining the Summer Festival this year,” remarks JHFW’s Director and Founder Megan Gallagher.
Associate Director Haynes Poe elaborates, “Partnering with incredible names like Nobu Downtown and winemaker Tim Mondavi of Continuum not only provides a wonderful experience for event attendees, but an opportunity for the local culinary community to collaborate with the country’s top industry stars. The caliber of talent our valley attracts assures Jackson Hole Food & Wine’s place among top food and beverage festivals.”
Kicking off the weekend on Thursday, June 21 is one of the summer’s most anticipated parties, Taste of Jackson Hole, presented by Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. This local’s favorite event will take place at the top of Bridger Gondola at Rendezvous Lodge and features mouthwatering bites from the finest local restaurants paired with a curated selection of beer, wine and spirits.
The weekend continues with a variety of signature events including:
- BIG WINES, SMALL PLATES, presented by J.P. Morgan and hosted by Rendezvous Bistro: A seminar and luncheon featuring a series of small plates illuminating the magical synergy of food and wine. The illustrious panel including Drew Nieporent, Owner, Nobu, New York; Chef Stuart Brioza, State Bird Provisions, San Francisco; Danielle Thompson, Almaviva; Dennis Cakebread, Cakebread Cellars; Lia Gilles, Vérité, and Gavin Fine, Owner, Fine Dining Restaurant Group will take you on a journey of their personal stories and “A Ha” moments that inspired these exceptional pairings. Top chefs from Fine Dining Restaurant Group will create a fabulous tasting menu brilliantly matched with a stunning collection of wines.
- DINNER SERIES: a collection of unique dining experiences held in Jackson Hole’s finest restaurants and private homes featuring passionate fare from outstanding chefs paired with renowned wines and spirits.
DINNER SERIES ONE: Chefs Stuart Brioza and Nicole Krasinski, State Bird Provisions (San Francisco) with Tim Mondavi of Continuum at the home of Nancy and Rolf Engh, sponsored by Young’s Market.
DINNER SERIES TWO: Chefs Walter and Margarita Manzke, République (Los Angeles) with Vérité at the home of Elaine and John Carney, sponsored by Carney Logan Burke Architects and Pathfinder Philanthropy Advisors.
DINNER SERIES THREE: A collaboration between chefs Ricky Estrellado and Ryo Hasegawa, Nobu Downtown, (New York City) and Dusty Rasnick, Sudachi, (Jackson Hole) with Dennis Cakebread, Cakebread Cellars, sponsored by Private Jet Services.
DINNER SERIES FOUR: Chef Jesse Pelican, Silver Dollar Grill (Jackson Hole) will prepare an intimate feast paired with a stellar lineup of unique and sophisticated cocktails prepared by two extraordinary bar professionals from Death & Co., hosted at the historic Wort Hotel.
- SAVOR, presented by First Republic Bank: master chefs Stuart Brioza and Nicole Krasinski, State Bird Provisions, San Francisco; Chefs Walter and Margarita Manzke, République, Los Angeles and Chefs Ricky Estrellado and Ryo Hasegawa, Nobu Downtown, New York City will team up with a few of Jackson Hole’s finest culinary talent to create the ultimate taste of summer. Wash it all down with cold beer, crisp wines, and stellar cocktails. Enjoy yard games, mountain views and groovin’ live tunes from the Canyon Kids. Get ready to roll up your sleeves and feed your spirit!
- DEATH & CO. BAR TAKEOVER, presented by Glorietta Trattoria and sponsored by Mountain Dandy: bar professionals from the newly opened Death & Co. Denver will be taking over Glorietta Trattoria for a late-night soiree presenting the world’s finest custom cocktail experience right here in Jackson Hole! We can’t think of a better event to close out an amazing weekend at Jackson Hole Food & Wine.
- SPIRITS DINNER, hosted by the Wort Hotel, Friday, June 22, 7pm: featuring two talented bartenders from Death & Co. that will create a stellar lineup of unique and sophisticated cocktails paired with a 5-course meal created by the talented Chef Jesse Pelican of the Silver Dollar Grill.
In keeping with core organizational mission and operation as a 501(c)(3), a portion of JHFW’s Summer Festival proceeds will support Hole Food Rescue, a local nonprofit that distributes excess food from grocery stores, bakeries, farms and local businesses to organizations serving the at-risk, in-need residents of Teton County, WY as the 2018 recipient.
Tickets are limited and range in price from $85 to $1,000. All attendees must be at least 21 years of age. Enter to win tickets to the event and other sweepstake prizes!