JACKSON HOLE, WYO – The final community meeting concerning the future of Snow King Mountainwill take place Wednesday, April 18.
Your voice and your vision is needed to shape the future of the locals’ hill. Come learn about Snow King’s Phase 2 Master Plan, and the proposals for the mountain supported by the stakeholder group. Meetings will take place at both 4pm and 6pm. Both meetings will have the same agenda and presentation.
FINAL Snow King Community Workshop
- Workshop #1: 4-6pm
- Workshop #2: 6-8pm
Meetings held at Snow King Hotel Grand View Lodge
Snow King has been working collaboratively with public and private stakeholders for five years to develop our Phase 2 Proposal for the future of the mountain. They have met with neighbors, elected officials, Bridger-Teton National Forest representatives, conservation and wildlife advocates, recreationists and countless community members, incorporating their feedback and revising our proposal along the way.
Snow King’s stated top priorities include:
- Safe access to all levels of terrain on a gondola
- New beginner and intermediate terrain for kids and families to learn to ski in the sun
- New access road for beginner skiing from the summit, mountain maintenance, and emergency access.
- Additional downhill biking access with terrain for all ages and skills
- New summit restaurant and gathering space for the community
- Environmental Review: An extensive study will be done prior to approval by U.S. Forest Service experts
If you have a news tip you would like to share with the community email us at [email protected] Message us on Facebook or Submit News on our website.
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.