JACKSON, Wyo. — During their next meeting on July 6, The Jackson Town Council will consider and vote on whether to continue to allow remote attendance and participation during Council meetings.
In March of 2020, in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Town Council temporarily allowed elected officials to participate and vote during meetings. Staff members were also allowed to participate and present remotely and members of the public were allowed to provide public comment remotely.
According to the staff report, the suggested motion is, “I move to require the Town Council to return to in-person meetings effective immediately and also:
1. Suspend portions of Chapter II, Section 7.a, Addressing the Town Council, of the Town Council’s Rules and
Procedures to continue to allow members of the public to participate remotely via audio in any regular, special,
or emergency meetings; and
2. Suspend portions of Chapter II, Section 7.a, Addressing the Town Council, of the Town Council’s Rules and
Procedures to continue to allow applicants and presenters the option to present remotely at any regular, special,
or emergency meetings; and that they
3. Suspend portions of Chapter II, Section 3, Quorum, such that the ability for a Councilmember to participate, vote,
and be counted in the quorum of the Council or a staff member to participate be allowed only with the approval
of the Mayor for each individual meeting where such a request is made and; and
4. Direct staff to include these amendments on a permanent basis in the next update of the Council Rules and
5. Direct the Planning Commission, Design Review Committee, and Board of Examiners to operate in the same
manner as outlined for Council meetings.
The public will be invited to comment during the meeting.
About The Author
Buckrail @ Lindsay
Lindsay Vallen is a Community News Reporter covering a little bit of everything; with an interest in politics, wildlife, and amplifying community voices. Originally from the east coast, Lindsay has called Wilson, Wyoming home since 2017. In her free time, she enjoys snowboarding, hiking, cooking, and completing the Jackson Hole Daily crosswords.
785 W BROADWAY Jackson
935 SENECA LANE Jackson
7 JACK PINE DRIVE Jackson
10575 OLD JACKSON HIGHWAY Victor
80 NELSON DR Jackson
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.