IF cops bust drug ring, eight arrested
TETON VALLEY, IDA – Detectives from the Special Investigations Unit Task Force (SIU) teamed up with several agencies to make 8 arrests on Monday after obtaining warrants to search three Idaho Falls residences. Two of the residences involved were located in the 1300 block of Elizabeth Circle and the third was located in the 300 block of E. 15th Street.
The team seized in excess of 30 pounds of marijuana, an AR-15 rifle, a pistol, approximately $42,700 in cash, and two vehicles. A total of eight suspects, two female adults and four male adults, were taken into custody and booked into the Bonneville County Jail.
The SIU Task Force is a partnership between the Bonneville County Sheriff’s Office and Idaho Falls Police Department. Detectives from the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office, Madison County Sheriff’s Office and Idaho State Police were significant partners in conducting the operation. As part of ongoing investigative efforts within the SIU Unit and the other agencies involved, the arrests were the result of several weeks of investigation and collaborative effort between agencies.
Idaho Falls Police Chief Bryce Johnson lauded the team’s efforts. “Seeing these agencies work together so well is refreshing. This is another example of their teamwork which results in a safer community for all of us,” he said.
Bonneville County Sheriff Paul Wilde also praised the task force. “It’s the teamwork and good working relationship between the SIU Detectives and Law Enforcement all over Eastern Idaho that help keep our communities safe and free from criminal activity.”
The following people were arrested on the following charges:
- Lisa-Marie J. Jackson, 22, of Idaho Falls: Felony Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Hunter K. Kelly, 23, of Idaho Falls: Felony Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Anthony T. Peralta, 19, of Idaho Falls: Felony Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Aaron D. Walker, 23, of Idaho Falls: Felony Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Tally Jo Wetzel, 20, of Idaho Falls: Felony Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Isiah R. Hardy, 20, of Idaho Falls: Drug Trafficking
- Dakota A. Mouser, 21, of Lewisville: Delivery of Controlled Substance
- Kaydan L. Swensen, 19, of Idaho Falls: Drug Trafficking