Candle caused condo fire

JACKSON HOLE, WYO – An investigation into the July 10 structure fire that occurred in the Town Creek Condominium complex has found the cause to be accidental.

Investigators pinned the origin of the fire on an unattended candle, located in a bedroom.

“The occupant is lucky to be alive,” said Battalion Chief Brian Coe. “There were no working smoke alarms in the unit and the occupant awoke when he felt flames on the bed where he was sleeping.”


If you have a news tip you would like to share with the community email us at [email protected] Message us on Facebook or Submit News on our website.


You May Also Like
New Fire Southeast of Pinedale and 3 miles Northwest of Big Sandy, Irish Fire, Evacuations & full-suppression ordered
BREAKING: Wildfire in Leigh Canyon in Grand Teton NP
Yellowstone lowers fire danger level after rain, cooler temps
Sublette fire crews respond to lost structure, Subway feeds everyone
Fire north of Rock Springs forces evacuations, no injuries
Firefighters respond to blaze at the Anticline Disposal facility near Boulder