TETON VILLAGE, Wyo. — Around 7 a.m. yesterday morning, Teton Village Fire Department responded to a car engine fire in the Ranch Lot at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
“A guest pulled up to [the Ranch Lot] but didn’t get all the way to the booth because someone noticed the car was on fire. After someone yelled at the driver, they jumped out of the car and stood there stunned,” said Morrison Simms, an employee within the Teton Village Association’s (TVA) parking department who witnessed the event.
Prior to the fire department’s arrival, TVA employees tried their best to put out the fire.
“We used four fire extinguishers, the fire kept reigniting because it was burning from the engine. The ground was also burning and we tried to manage it but it kept relighting,” said Simms.
Executive Director at Teton Valley Association, Melissa Turley, expressed her gratitude to both the TVA employees and the fire department.
“I’d like to recognize the quick thinking of parking employees Andy Westbrook and Mac Lindsay, who grabbed the fire extinguisher out of our parking booth to quell the flames before the fire department arrived to extinguish it. We are very grateful nobody was hurt in this incident.”
Eventually, first responders arrived and were able to extinguish the fire. No injuries resulted from the incident.