WYOMING – Wyoming Secretary of State Ed Murray was sworn in as an executive board member for the National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS). Murray will serve as the committee’s Western Region vice president. The term lasts one year, ending in July 2018.
“I’m really honored to have been chosen by my fellow secretaries of state to serve in this leadership position, and I look forward to standing strong for our western heritage and the issues important to us,” said Secretary Murray upon his swearing in.
NASS is the nation’s oldest nonpartisan professional organization for state officials. Its board members are appointed annually by the NASS president and approved by member vote. The president and president-elect are of opposite political parties and rotate on an annual basis. The board meets at least twice a year.
The Western Region encompasses 13 states: Wyoming, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, and Washington.
- NASS President: Hon. Connie Lawson, IN
- President Elect: Hon. Jim Condos, VT
- Treasurer: Hon. Paul Pate, IA
- Secretary: Hon. Wayne Williams, CO
- Past President: Hon. Denise Merrill, CT
- Eastern Region Vice President: Hon. Nellie Gorbea, RI
- Southern Region Vice President: Hon. John Merrill, AL
- Midwestern Region Vice President: Hon. Steve Simon, MN
- Western Region Vice President: Hon. Ed Murray, WY
- Member at Large (ACR Liaison): Hon. Matt Dunlap, ME
- Member at Large (NPA Liaison): Hon. Barbara Cegavske, NV