JACKSON, Wyo. — Snake River Roasting Co. brought home 12 medals from the 2019 Golden Bean North America roasting competition.
This is the fifth year that the local roasters have entered and won in multiple categories. The Golden Bean is the world’s largest coffee roasters competition and conference. Each year, the competition seeks out North American’s best coffees across 11 different categories.
This year’s competition was in Nashville, and Snake River Roasting’s entire team — from delivery drivers to roasters to service technicians — got to go.
“We are a small team, and every one of us is passionate about the coffees we produce and invested in the connection we have with our customers,” said Ruth Ann Petroff, business owner. “The Golden Bean North America competition is an unparalleled learning experience for us. Tasting 1,300 coffees from around the U.S. provides us the opportunity to learn about coffee trends and standards while encouraging us to elevate our roasting profiles.”
Snake River Roasting Co. was founded in 2007 in Jackson Hole. The entirely woman-owned-and-operated team partners with Café Femenino, a similarly women-owned-and-operated coffee cooperative empowering female farmers in developing countries.
“As a woman-owned business, it is a powerful way for SRRC to give back,” the company said in a press release. “Not to mention, these farms are producing great coffees.”
SRRC won in the following categories this year:
- North America (Milk Based) // Bronze // Dominican Republic Ramirez Estate
- North America (Milk Based) // Bronze // Haiti Blue
- Single Origin Espresso // Bronze // Dominican Republic Ramirez Estate
- Single Origin Espresso // Bronze // Ethiopia
- Organic Espresso // Bronze // Alpenglow
- Organic Espresso // Bronze // Roam Wyoming
- Organic Espresso // Bronze // White Spider
- Organic Espresso // Bronze // Petticoat Suffragette Blend
- Filter // Bronze // Kenya Kiambu Muiri Estate
- Filter // Bronze // Fire On The Mountain
- Milk Based // Bronze // Roam Wyoming
- Espresso // Bronze // Petticoat Suffragette Blend
“We are honored to be recognized and celebrated once again at this prestigious roasting competition,”Petroff said.