JACKSON, Wyo. — Following advice from town and county leaders, the Parks and Recreation Department today announced it will implement new strategies of risk mitigation for the spread of COVID-19.
The direction moves departments into the ‘’minimal to moderate’’ mitigation strategies recommended by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The following actions will be taken by Teton County/Jackson Parks and Recreation Department effective Monday, March 16, for a minimum term through April 26. Further service level reductions may occur as deemed necessary for public health and safety.
Effective March 16 – April 26:
Community Public Services, Programs, Facilities and Events:
- All department special events, recreational, aquatic and leisure programs shall be suspended.
- Afterschool and spring break youth care programs are suspended until further notice.
- Community special event permits (75 people or greater) within the park system shall be suspended. Future special events will be processed on a conditional basis.
- The Community Recreation Center will operate at reduced hours for lap swimming only
- Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday- CLOSED
- All other services and facility care and access shall remain unchanged.
- Implementation of social distancing measures.
- Park division staff schedules shall be staggered by 30 minutes (two groups)
- Suspend staff and workplace gatherings, functions and meetings greater than 20 people.
- Minimize outside meetings with groups, organizations and the general public greater than 10 people.
- Suspend all non-essential work travel.
- All staff exhibiting fever, respiratory and/or flu like symptoms shall not come to work. Staff shall not return to work until cleared by a doctor, or are fever free for a minimum of 24 hours.
795 W BROADWAY Jackson
17805 N FOREST WAY Jackson
365 E BROADWAY Jackson
9470 EDGEWOOD LANE Victor
TBD S HWY 89 Jackson
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.