Update: Hazmat unit dispatched to the Wort Hotel, Deloney Avenue closure

Update: 1:30 p.m.: According to Fire/EMS Chief Brady Hansen, chlorine or bleach was accidentally mixed with an acid, which released toxic gas. The situation occurred in the basement area of the Wort Hotel.

The mixture was contained in one five-gallon bucket, Jim Waldrop, president and general manager of Silver Dollar Inc. said.

“We are so appreciative of Jackosn Hole Fire/EMS for their professionalism and thoroughness. They were calm calculated and well organized,” said Waldrop, adding, “They secured the scene as they should have. No guests were impacted.”

Three employees were sent to the hospital. Two have been released at the time of publishing.

JACKSON, Wyo. — At 9:17 a.m., a large hazmat unit was dispatched to the Wort Hotel. Currently, Deloney Avenue is blocked between Cache and Glenwood Street as Fire/ EMS respond to the emergency.

This is a developing story. Buckrail will update with more information as it is available.

Lindsay Vallen contributed to this report. 

 

 

About The Author

Buckrail @ Caroline

Caroline Chapman is a Community News Reporter who recently made Jackson home. Born and raised in Connecticut, she enjoys reading non-fiction, skiing, hiking, and playing piano in her downtime. She is most passionate about delivering and pursuing stories that directly impact the lives of individuals in the community. Her favorite aspect about living in Jackson is the genuine admiration that Wyomingites share for the land and the life that it sustains.

You May Also Like
Events
Join Siddney Montana for an evening of original music and poetry
Food & Dining
Win a dinner for two and overnight stay at The Wort
Events
Join the 5th Annual Casino Night virtually to support local Rotary Scholarships
Police
Police Log: Recent calls for service
Police
Police Log: Recent calls for service
Police
Police Log: Recent calls for service