JACKSON HOLE, WYO – The ever-growing Western Design Conference will be here soon and one practically needs a scorecard to keep track of all the events associated with the 11-day artistic fall fling.
One neat feature of the WDC is a collaboration with the Art Association featuring aspiring young fashion designers who strut the runway in their own creations at the Western Design Fashion Show on Thursday, September 6. The WDC will also host a benefit shopping night on Saturday, September 8, at which 10% of sales will be donated to the Art Association.
Outfits that will grace the runway Thursday night were designed this summer in the Project Design Camp. In two weeks, students learned the art of fashion, created vision boards, and each day designed a different fashion challenge. They sketched avant-garde designs and day wear designs.
During the second week, teams chose their favorite design and got to work creating them. They also added accessories and planned make-up and hairstyles. The kiddo models will walk the runway during the highly-anticipated Fashion Show.
Fall Arts Fest, Western Design Conference
Mother Nature paints a spectacular picture in Jackson Hole every autumn and, along the Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival and the Western Design Exhibit + Sale, this valley is truly in splendor. Jackson Hole’s vibrant 11-day festival boasts over 50 family-friendly events that appeal to art, design, food, wine and history enthusiasts during a spectacular season this Sept. 5-16, 2018.
Fall Arts Festival events include gallery walks, open air painting and tasting fairs, wine tastings, ranch tours, and shopping the finest in handmade home décor and fashion direct from the juried artists of the Western Design Exhibit + Sale.
A partial calendar of highlights of the Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival includes:
- Sept. 5: National Museum of Wildlife Art Jewelry & Artisan luncheon, 11am-3pm Tickets $135.
- Sept. 6: the 26th annual Western Design Exhibit + Sale Opening Preview Party + Fashion Show, 6-10 pm at the Snow King Events Center. $50 general admission.
- Sept. 7-9: The Western Design Exhibit + Sale at the Snow King Events Center. Friday, 10 am-5pm with complimentary happy hour at 2pm; Saturday, 10am-7pm with happy hour at 4pm; and Sunday 10 am-5pm with happy hour at 2pm $15 admission.
- Sept. 7: Palates & Palettes Gallery Walk at participating galleries on the Town Square, 5-8pm Free.
- Sept. 8: Historic Ranch Tours; buses depart from Home Ranch parking lot at 2pm $60.
- Sept. 9: Taste of the Tetons on Town Square, 11am-4pm $2-4/sample.
- Sept. 9: Rotary Supper Club’s Sips on the Square + silent auction on Jackson Town Square, 11am– 4pm All proceeds benefit Central Wyoming College’s Nursing Program.
- Sept. 12: Poster Signing & Artist Reception with featured artist Dennis Ziemienski at Altamira Fine Art, 4–7pm.
- Sept. 14: Jackson Hole Showcase of Homes at various Jackson area residences. $75.
- Sept. 14 – 15: Jackson Hole Art Auction at Center for the Arts, noon.
- Sept. 15: The 23rd Annual Jackson Hole QuickDraw Art Sale and Auction on Town Square, 9am. Free.
- Sept. 16: Art Brunch Gallery Walk at participating galleries, 11:00am-3pm. Free.
8500 HORSE CREEK MESA ROAD Jackson
785 W BROADWAY Jackson
795 W BROADWAY Jackson
10575 OLD JACKSON HIGHWAY Victor
486 SOUTH PINE ST Pinedale
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.