JACKSON, Wyo. — Ski towns all over the nation are doing their part to aid healthcare workers exposed to COVID-19. One thing in particular that ski towns like Jackson may have an abundance of are used ski goggles.
Goggles for Docs is a nation-wide effort to get used or new ski goggles into the hands of healthcare workers who have no eye protection as they treat COVID-19 patients.
Teton County regional Googles for Docs coordinators are hoping to get more drop off locations at essential businesses around town like grocery stores. For now, there are three locations where you can drop off your goggles in Teton County:
Keely’s Camp: 440 Snow King Loop in the Pitchfork Townhomes.
Jackson Hole Ski and Snowboard Club: 100 Snow King Ave by the sliding glass doors ski club entrance.
Teton Gravity Research headquarters: 1260 North West St, Wilson, WY. There will be a clearly marked box outside the door.
When dropping off goggles, follow these instructions:
- ALWAYS practice appropriate social distancing.
- ALL gear should be wiped down and placed in a sealed, ziplock bag
prior to placing in a drop-off receptacle.
- If possible, drop goggles directly into collecting receptacles without
- Be assured, the collection point person will wear gloves and wash
their hands when handling your donation.
- When gear arrives at the medical facility, it will be disinfected
according to each hospital’s protocol and to be used as they deem fit.
- If you must touch the collection bin, sanitize or wash your hands!
For questions about getting involved please visit the Goggle for Docs website.