Type: Full Time
Location: Jackson, WY
Company: The National Museum of Wildlife Art
To provide a positive public image of the museum to all visitors. Visitor Services Associates are responsible for selling admission tickets for the museum. The Associates will provide information on the museum, museum programs, events at the museum and other information as deemed appropriate.
This position reports to the Supervisor of Group Tours and Visitor Services
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for greeting all visitors as they arrive.
- Responsible for providing a concise, informative and enthusiastic account of all relevant museum exhibit and program opportunities to the visiting public.
- Responsible for the efficient and accurate operation of museum cash registers/credit card machines and all Front Desk admissions related equipment.
- Responsible for end of day closing out registers and all associated reporting.
- Responsible for providing an appropriate public image for the Museum.
- Responsible for answering incoming calls to the Museum in a professional and courteous manner.
- Responsible for informing visitors of any possible gallery closures or announcements about the Museum.
- Responsible for encouraging/selling new memberships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to operate computers, cash register POS and credit card machines are a must. Ability to work well with all elements of the visiting public and museum staff. Ability to learn Quickbooks POS. Ability to accurately assess and adjust in a positive fashion to changing situations presented at the front desk. Must possess excellent customer service skills. Microsoft Word, pdf documents, Google calendar/documents knowledge a plus.
Summer/ seasonal Position: Sunday through Thursday.