SUBLETTE COUNTY, WYO – Race results are in from The Drift held last weekend. The 28-mile winter marathon drew 18 participants—16 of whom managed to finish.
Contestants decided whether they wanted to ski, bike, or run/walk the distance. According to race organizers, snow was a bit soft and wind (a given) was ever-present. A skier, biker and runner rounded out the top three finishes.
Watch for the event again next year along with a companion 100-miler for the truly gnarly.
- Scott Kane, M54 (5:04:28), Lander *Ski
- Michael Woodward, M27 (5:18:02), Rock Springs *Bike
- Mike McMonagle, M27 (5:32:12), Salt Lake City *Foot
- George Vlastos, M49 (5:41:57), Pinedale *Bike
- Leah Yingling, F26 (6:08:16), Salt Lake City *Foot
- Ken Konicek, M66 (6:31:25), Pinedale *Foot
- Pam Reed, F57 (6:38:04), Jackson *Foot
- Chase Harber, M34 (6:57:09), Pinedale *Bike
- Gracey Carpenter, F31 (7:34:26), Pinedale *Ski
- Scott Griffith, M46 (7:34:52), Afton *Foot
- Bo Miller, M54 (7:51:18), Jackson *Foot
- James Poyer, M53 (7:56:17), Rock Springs *Foot
- Cassandra Vincelette, F32 (8:11:34), Rock Springs *Bike
- Paula Vincelette, F34 (8:11:34), Lander *Bike
- Lynette Vanschoiack, F49 (8:18:09), Challis *Foot
- Tommy Upp, M40 (8:24:54), Pinedale *Ski
- — Melinda Poyer, F52 (DNF), Rock Springs *Foot
- — Sada Crawford, F51 (DNF), Jackson *Foot
- — Amy Couture, F41 (DNS), Cody *Foot
- — Megan Smith, F26 (DNS), Marbleton *Bike