JACKSON HOLE, WYO – START Bus announced a few changes for the upcoming holidays. These changes impact bus service on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day.
On Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, START will provide only 1 commuter bus from both Star Valley, WY and Teton Valley, ID.
- Star Valley, WY Commuters: 12/24/18 & 12/31/18
- Departing Etna at 6:25am
- Returning from Jackson at 5:00pm
- Teton Valley, ID Commuters: 12/24/18 & 12/31/18
- Departing Driggs at 7:00am
- Returning from Jackson at 5:05pm
On Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, START will suspend service for Star Valley, WY and Teton Valley, ID.
- Star Valley, WY Commuters: 12/25/18 & 1/1/19
- No Service
- Teton Valley, ID Commuters: 12/25/18 & 1/1/19
- No Service
On Christmas Day, START will run hourly Town Shuttle 1 & 2 service.
- Town Shuttle 1: 12/25/18
- Hourly Service Departing Deloney Parking on the :35 of the hour
- 6:35am – 9:35pm
- Town Shuttle 2: 12/25/18
- Hourly Service Departing Deloney Parking on the :50 of the hour
- 6:50am – 9:50pm
START Bus continues to recruit drivers to fill out the core service schedule for the winter season and, as a result, there will be no late night Town Shuttle routes on New Year’s Eve this year. The Jackson Police Department would like to remind everyone to drive safely this holiday season. For those who will be drinking, please plan ahead to have a sober ride home. Law enforcement partners will be out in full force to keep impaired drivers off the roadways.
Vehicles parked on town streets or in town parking lots after 2:00am will be ticketed and may be towed. If you are planning on going out for the evening, the Town of Jackson encourages you to plan for the possibility of parking. Overnight parking is permitted in the parking structure located at Milward Street and Simpson Ave. Vehicles are allowed to park in the garage for up to 48 hours.
Everyone at START wishes you a very safe, happy and multimodal holiday season!