Type: Full Time
Location: Jackson, WY
Company: Local Business
Posting Number: req702
Office for Research
Pocatello – Main
Idaho State University and the Center for Ecological Research and Education invite applications for a project manager position to direct activities related to a recently awarded National Science Foundation Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research Infrastructure Improvement program grant (https://www.idahogem3.org/). The GEM3 award will facilitate statewide transdisciplinary research to uncover the fundamental genetic, environmental, social, and policy mechanisms connected to the adaptive capacity of two iconic organisms in Idaho: sagebrush and rainbow trout. The program manager will be responsible for coordinating and integrating the day-to-day activities of GEM3 at Idaho State University, including communication, financial, evaluation, and project organization activities essential for achieving GEM3 goals. We are particularly interested in applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our academic community, and who have demonstrated experience working with tribal stakeholders. The position will be funded for five years, with additional years of funding contingent upon availability.
• Work with GEM3 leadership team to implement day-to-day project activities
• Primary person of contact for public, stakeholders, and participants
• Coordinate and developing external and internal communication
• Development and implement organizational and communication plans for Research, Cyberinfrastructure, and Education, Outreach and Diversity Teams
• Plan and implement workshops, leadership meetings, and all-hands meetings
• Implement, update, and revise strategic plan
• Coordinate internal and external reporting
• Design and conduct internal assessments
• Coordinate and develop GEM3 response to new funding opportunities
• Update and maintain GEM3 website
• Oversee GEM3 budget and act as liaison with university accounting
• Coordinate science communication with public and stakeholders
• Represent GEM3 with tribal stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree
• One year of project management or related experience
• Demonstrated experience in goal setting and long-term planning
• Must demonstrate independence and ability to take initiative in organizing programs, planning events, preparing materials, and communicating with key contacts and stakeholders
• Budget oversight or accounting experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Master’s degree or Ph.D.
• Grant writing experience
• Experience working in a university system
• Experience managing scientific research projects
• Experience designing and implementing evaluation protocols
• Experience with science communication
• Experience with website development
Apply online here.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Resume or CV, cover letter describing how the applicant meets the position criteria, and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by November 15, 2018. However, the position will remain open until filled. Salary has been approved at $50,000 annually, commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.