PINEDALE, Wyo. — On Friday, Jan. 8, Sublette County Unified Fire was dispatched to the report of a chimney fire at a residence on Meadowlark.
SCUF units from Stations 1, 2, and 4 responded to the report of a chimney fire at a residence off of Meadowlark Lane. On arrival, fire personnel were able to quickly enter the residence and cool down the fire in the woodstove from inside the home.
The residence was checked for any fire extension into the structure around the stove pipe and the smoke was cleared from the home. Fire units cleared the scene once the wood stove and stove pipe had cooled and no additional fire was located in the home. There were no injuries reported during this incident.
“Please remember to clean and inspect heating equipment regularly for proper operation and any signs that maintenance may be needed,” SCUF said in a press release. “Wood burning stoves are common in our community and provide safe effective heat as long as they are maintained properly. We still have plenty of cold weather ahead of us this year. Take care of your wood stove heating equipment and it will continue to take care of you.”
WYOMING — A rollover north of Riverton claimed two lives and hospitalized two other vehicle… Read More
JACKSON, Wyo. — The Wyoming Arts Council announced new applications for Folk & Traditional Arts… Read More