WYOMING – The Wyoming Highway Patrol recently commissioned 11 recruits to the rank of Trooper upon the completion of their intensive training academy.
During their academy, the new Troopers were instructed in a variety of classes including firearms, commercial carrier, physical training, RADAR/LIDAR, emergency vehicle operation, custody and control, crash investigation and other pertinent training. The members of Class 95 that were new to law enforcement participated in over 1,210 hours of academy training.
Being a State Trooper for the Wyoming Highway Patrol can be a challenging yet rewarding career as it takes a special person to become a Wyoming State Trooper. All Troopers take an oath to protect and serve all citizens of this great state with courtesy, professionalism, and integrity as Wyoming’s Troopers represent the agency brand of “Guardians of the Cowboy State.”
The new Troopers participated in their swearing-in ceremony in front of family and friends at the Wyoming Supreme Court on October 25, 2018. The ceremony marked the 95th graduated class from the Wyoming Highway Patrol Academy.
Please join us in congratulating Wyoming Highway Patrol Class 95:
- Trooper Daniel A. Adame (Badge # 49 Casper)
- Trooper Rebecca R. Cassidy (Badge # 93 Cheyenne)
- Trooper Nicholas K. Haller (Badge # 90 Elk Mountain)
- Trooper Daniel Q. Hite (Badge # 110 Powell)
- Trooper Christopher C. Martin (Badge # 97 Douglas)
- Trooper Andres A. Martinez (Badge # 83 Rawlins)
- Trooper Christopher D. McGuire (Badge # 79 Wheatland)
- Trooper Jason N. Ramsey (Badge # 78 Lander)
- Trooper Ethan D. Smith (Badge # 128 Laramie)
- Trooper Luis A. Tapia-Vera (Badge # 81 Evanston)
- Trooper Jason R. Venable (Badge # 62 Worland)
Colonel’s Leadership Award: Trooper Christopher D. McGuire
Top Academic Award: Trooper Ethan Smith
Top Fitness Award: Trooper Christopher C. Martin
Top Firearms Award: Trooper Christopher C. Martin
Most Improved Fitness Award: Trooper Rebecca R. Cassidy
If you have a news tip you would like to share with the community email us at [email protected] Message us on Facebook or Submit News on our website.
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.