Type: Full Time
Compensation: $125,000 - $155,000 Per Year
Location: Jackson, WY
Company: Anvil Hotel
Skills: leadership, management, hospitality, Food & Beverage
The Anvil hotel is seeking a General Manager for this vibrant operation located on the the doorstep of Yellowstone, in the vibrant town of Jackson, Anvil Hotel delivers crafted beauty and unique experiences – all against a stunning natural backdrop. The General Manager will also oversee the Glorietta Trattoria restaurant and bar which provides a warm and inviting social dining experience featuring modern-classic Italian cuisine with a focus on a wood fire grill, fresh local fare, a great Italian wine list, and handmade pastas.
Sometime this year, we’re opening a elevated hostel experience on the same property that this GM position would also directly lead.
About Filament Hospitality
Filament Hospitality is a full-service restaurant and resort management company, specializing in urban lifestyle retreats and visionary destinations nationwide. Filament is a swiftly developing organization looking for fresh, creative, and entrepreneurial minds to join the team.
Our ideal candidate connects personally with offering guests a uniquely memorable experience, training staff to represent knowledgeable and personalized service reflective of the actively advancing the hotel’s social media presence, and being a positive presence in the local community and vibrant neighborhood social scene. In addition, the General Manager must have strong knowledge of outside Sales, and an understanding of Food & Beverage, Preventative Maintenance Program, Revenue Management and Marketing.
This leadership position oversees all aspects of the operations, monitors the financial performance of the business, actively participates in community/industry organizations, and must possess strong communication skills with the ability to focus on exceptional guest services. We’re looking for a self-motivated individual who can take advantage of our competitive bonus structure for the benefit of both the business and him or herself. Previous experience in the Jackson Hole market and previous hotel opening/repositioning experience preferred.
- Oversee the performance of all departments, provide guidance and assistance in the execution of departmental responsibilities, help set objectives and achieve established goals for revenue and profit.
- Provide leadership and direction to department managers to ensure that all matters and tasks are handled in timely manner and guest expectations are met; review all department heads’ performance at minimum once a year.
- Oversee the quality, consistency, presentation and service in all outlets to ensure that they conform to Filament standards and meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Monitor and control hotel’s budgets and P&L to ensure established goals for operational expenses and labor costs are met.
- Co-ordinate in conjunction with the Sales & Marketing Department the preparation and implementation of annual packages or special promotions regarding guest rooms and F&B activities.
- Actively and regularly interact with guests, associates and management colleagues, individuals outside the hotel, but not limited to current and potential clients, owners and owning company representatives, suppliers, and competitors.
- Be an engaged member of the Boulder business community.
- Direct the daily operations of the Hotel and Food and Beverage outlet
- Directly support, guide, and coach Front Office, Sales, Housekeeping and Maintenance management team
- Market and promote all Hotel outlets to increase revenues
- Develop and manage the property budget; oversee purchases and monitor all expenses
- Manage Hotel forecasts
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing plans and yield management efforts and timely adjust Hotel strategy where necessary
- Maximize event and catering opportunities, and implement effective strategies in gaining accessibility to appropriate markets
- Motivate team members by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding and recognizing employees
- Uphold company standards for guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction, quality assurance, and asset protection
- Oversee purchasing and payroll submissions for the property
- Oversee risk management and emergency procedures
- Ensure the Hotel has effective operational and financial controls in place
- Ensure compliance with licensing laws, local codes, health and safety and other statutory requirements
- Maintain adequate staffing levels for hourly staff members in the rooms, food & beverage, and maintenance departments
- Maintain vendor/supplier relationships
- Coordinate and oversee capital improvement projects
- Direct, manage, and counsel management employees
- Conduct regular employee meetings
- Create a friendly and efficient guest-service oriented environment
- Report to and communicate regularly with corporate personnel/ownership
- Maintain positive community relations
- Competitive Bonus Plan
- Medical Vision, dental, and life insurance options
- Vacation and Sick time benefits
- Employer contribution toward monthly cell phone payment
- Employee discount for stays at hotels within Filament Hospitality’s expanding portfolio
- Must have minimum five (5) years varied management experience in the hospitality industry, including Food & Beverage.
- Must be able to analyze profit and loss statements as well as STR reports, and extrapolate information from them and related reports
- Must have working knowledge of accounting systems, property management systems and housekeeping products and procedures
- Must be familiar with OSHA, local Department of Health regulations, and relevant current laws governing handling of hazardous substances
To apply please visit our website:
Anvil Hotel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants and employees of all backgrounds. M/F/D/V/SO