TORRINGTON, Wyo. (AP) — A fireworks show exploded as it was being set up by firefighters in Wyoming but they turned around and fought the flames.
The mishap happened inside a building Wednesday as eight Torrington Volunteer Fire Department members loaded fireworks into mortar tubes for an upcoming Fourth of July show.
Fire department officials say one of the fireworks exploded and set off the whole display.
The firefighters fled but came back to fight the flames, KTWO Radio reports.
A firefighter with minor injuries went to a hospital. Officials asked the Wyoming State Fire Marshal’s Office to investigate.
532 SNOW KING DRIVE Jackson
13 W DOGWOOD STREET Victor
654 TURTLE WALK Victor
375 E. SPRUCE DRIVE Jackson
42 RIVER TRAIL CIRCLE Alpine
Get Today's News Today
Sign up for our Buckrail Daily Newsletter to get today's top local news stories delivered to your inbox.