Free Community Events Calendar
This Calendar is free to use for community events. Buckrail reserves the right to decide what submitted events get published to the live website. WE DO NOT ALLOW RECURRING EVENT SUBMISSIONS. Do not submit recurring events or multiple submissions for the same weekly event. If you have questions feel free to email us at [email protected]
- This event has passed.
Elkfest Antler Sale & Scouts Antler Auction
Every spring, thousands of elk wintering on the National Elk Refuge lose their antlers before they migrate to their summer range. The Boy Scouts assist the Refuge with harvesting the shed antlers and auction them to bidders from around the world who make furniture, wall decorations, jewelry, food products, and more! This annual event includes the Mountain Man Rendezvous kick-off and supports the National Elk Refuge with a large portion of auction proceeds going back to habitat enhancement projects on the Refuge.
- 7:00 AM: Antler lots for BSA Elk Antler Auction ready for viewing
- 7:00 AM -1:00PM: Food provided by Jackson Youth Baseball
- 8:00 AM -3:00 PM: Private Antler Sale north of the Town Square (on Center Street) by Rotary Club, contact J.R. Berezay at 307.732.5944 with any questions
- 9:00 AM-1:00 PM: Kids’ Corner – including educational tables and games. Sponsored by Wyoming Game & Fish, the National Elk Refuge, and the Jackson Hole Historical Society, who will be offering 10% off in the museum store!
- 9:00 AM: Registration for Boy Scouts of America Elk Antler Auction begins on Town Square
- 9:00-9:45 AM: Enjoy a free concert by Jackson Hole Community Band
- 10:00 AM-1:00 PM: World Famous Jackson Hole Boy Scout Elk Antler Auction and Jackson B.S.A. Boy Scout and Cub Scout Expo
- 4:30 PM: Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Casino Games and Silent Auction begins
- 7:00 PM: Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Big Game Banquet Annual Fundraising Dinner. For more information, call Chuck Teske at 307-739-0951 or Ann Patton at 307-734-9549 or [email protected]
Please note: The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation’s (RMEF) Great Elk Tour will be on the road to Tennessee this year for a special event and will not be on display during this year’s Jackson District Boy Scout Elk Antler Auction. The bulls selected for the Great Elk Tour traveling display are selected for their size, uniqueness and story. Most bulls are harvested on public land, and many are taken by RMEF members. More information on the Great Elk Tour can be found on the RMEF web site, along with a virtual photo tour and description of bulls from previous years.